Friday, March 6, 2009

Dog Blog


I have 4 dogs. There names are Dama do Bling, MC Rogers, Jose, and Beeker. They are great dogs but they like to chase, bite, and kill goats. They’ve become rather efficient at it recently, biting two goats just this week. Unfortunately, these goats belong to my neighbors, and as a newcomer into the community of Mossuril I feel like this is a good way to make a bad impression. I would love for them to stop killing goats but I just don’t know what to do. My house has a 10 foot tall bamboo fence around the perimeter, but the crazy bastards still get out somehow. I think they can actually fly, and I’m jealous. So they get out at night when im sleeping and just hunt goats until morning. I cant stop them from leaving, so the only thing I can do is pay the owner of the goat when one gets killed. Except, people have been trying to get me to pay full price for a goat that has only been bitten a little. In the most recent case the goat which had been attacked had a small wound in its hind leg but was otherwise perfectly fine, running around and playing with the other goats without a notice to his dog wound. The owner of this goat told me that my dogs put their ‘venom’ in his goat, and now the goat was worthless. He wanted me to take the goat and pay full price for it. I tried to explain that my dogs have received all necessary vaccinations, are very healthy, and actually don’t have any venom, but the owner would not listen to me. I tried to offer him a reasonable sum of money as compensation for the dog bite, but the owner refused. The next day we had a meeting with the Economic Affairs Office (That’s right, there is an Economic Affairs Office in Mossuril) to settle things out. I couldn’t believe it but the arbitrator sided with me saying that the goat owner was being too ‘rigid’, and that today my dog bit your goat but tomorrow your chicken could come into my yard and eat all my corn flour. This would have sounded ridiculous in the states, but it was the perfect way to put it in Mozambique.

No comments:

San Francisco Movie

Friends in Florida